Perillo Tours supplies a very nice brochure that you can view at Perillo Italy Tours 2015. Since it is a Perillo Website, of course the descriptions and info for tours to Italy are fantastic!
An interesting comparison to this are the somewhat negative comments that you can read on TripAdvisor, for example at TripAdvisor Reviews of Perillo Tours . You will find both Perillo Tours Reviews, and Perillo Tours Complaints. For numeric references used below, see this guide.
Best Reviews Guru reviews the best travel books for Italy and other products.
Perillo receives generally very good reviews from people who book hotels and specific destinations or activities from them. See TripAdvisor hotels through Perillo Tours Reviews .
Didn’t see the travel accessory you are looking for? Try this search…
The interesting thing in evaluating reviews is that you might want to compare the number of 4- and 5-star ratings to the 1-, 2- and 3-star ratings. For example, in the previous user reviews of the Villa de Medici, there are 406 reviews in TripAdvisor, and of those 83 are 3-star or lower. This is approximately 20%.
So if you look at it simply mathematically, there is a 1 out of 5 chance that you will not be highly satisfied with this. Compare this to attending Billy Elliot in London, where the same calculation reveals a dissatisfaction rate of perhaps 1 out of 10. In other words, people who went to Billy Elliot were twice as happy as people who stayed at the Villa de Medici.
Our observation, after looking at hundreds of Perillo Tours reviews on TripAdvisor tours to Italy, is that if you see a nice curved distribution with most of the reviews being in 5, it is an average distribution of a very good tour.
Looking at TripAdvisor reviews, we find: uhhh, can’t find very many. Why is that? TripAdvisor usually reviews hotels and restaurants where they can participate in advertising or booking. Ok, actually we can find a few Perillo Tours Reviews and Perillo Tours Complaints:
- “Tour was wonderful and the tour guide, Nello was amazing. The food was phenomenal, the hotels were centrally located and were beautiful, the other tour members were friendly and I had a great time.” (1)
- “We booked a tour for 9 days. Florence, Rome, Venice. The tours packed too much in one day. One morning tour actually lasted until 7:30 PM. This was supposed to be a relaxing vacation and actually became a 9-day marathon. We booked an extra two extra days and they were the most fun because on those days we just did what we wanted the whole time. In the final analysis, we felt the trip was expensive.” (1)
But there are other Perillo Tours Reviews and Complaints for Italy here and there:
- I went with Perillo and had a different experience. But I also did my homework ahead of time. I was given a list of all the hotels and addresses, I looked them up online first so I knew what to expect. We never waited in line for anything, Rooms/hotels were great, We had breakfast, and dinner nightly. Soft drinks, water and wine were available everyday on the bus, we were responsible for lunches but that was no problem. We always had tour guides for all major cities, Our buses were very nice, 2 seats per person (for at least 1/2 of the bus). (7)
- I suppose my comment is just hearsay and doesn’t count, but fwiw my neighbors have done two Perillo tours and loved them. My neighbors are “tour” people. (She doesn’t believe in computers and he doesn’t want to bother with research.) (7)
- the key is knowing how to read the brochure to see what you are really getting – and checking the hotels in advance. (7)
- This was absolutely the worse trip that we have ever taken. The meals were really bad – like the breakfast in every hotel in the morning was poor. Your only choices for dinner every night were fish, chicken, or calamari), en every city!. There was a 10 hour bus ride that they don’t tell you about and the next day a long train ride — more than 6 hrs. The hotel was nice in Sorrento, but it was not clean. (1)
Perillo Tours Italy Tours 2015 website: http://www.perillotours.com .