Generally, Trafalgar tours reviews are middle of the road, though below average. The most common issue is the quality of the hotels. Generally the tour guides are considered good in Trafalgar reviews. So it depends what you value in a tour – price or fancy hotels.
We read many Trafalgar tours reviews from different sources, and try to pick out a representative selection of previous tours to Italy that will help describe the customers’ impressions of what a Italy Tours 2015 – 2016 and Trafalgar tours reviews for them would be like.
Trafalgar seems to be the epitome of a bus-tour company: Pack a lot in the trip, and try to keep the price as low as possible, so it is understandable that the Trafalgar tours reviews would reflect this.
Didn’t see the travel accessory you are looking for? Try this search…
Trafalgar Italy Tours 2015 website: http://www.trafalgar.com/
Looking at Italy Tours 2015 and Trafalgar tours reviews or Trafalgar tours Italy from Traveltalkonline.com (8), we find:
- “I took a Trafalgar tour of Italy and Sicily back in 2006 and loved every minute of it however I would NOT call it leisurely at all – in fact of the 14 days there were only 2 of them where I spent a only few hrs on a beach or near a pool “relaxing”…if you’re looking for leisurely then coach touring will disapoint you… Your average day will be up between 6:30 and 7:00 am … then on the bus by 8:00 … “
- “We just did the European Splendor tour with Trafalgar and it was fantastic. Can’t say enough good about it. We are considering using their “sister” tour company Insight next year to Italy.”
- “No matter how acclaimed, there is NO WAY to get a feel for a country on a bus tour! Continue to do your independent thing, it’s cheaper, you can sleep later, and you can see Italy and experience it like a local can.”
From Epinions.com (9):
- “Pros: guides provide lots of information, ability to see so much in a short time. Cons: not enough time in each area, only see the tourist areas, long bus journeys.”
- “Pros: Very comfortable coach and excellent driver. Cons: Just about everything else.”
- “Pros: Saw all the highlights; left all responsibility to Trafalgar! No complaints! Cons:No Parmagiano Reggiano with breakfast; hotels in Rome not centrally located. We’re fine with that! [I love that complaint!]”
- “The Bottom Line: Sign up now, especially if you’re going with a group! No stress because it relieves the family member who usually plans trips of all responsibility!”
- “Trafalgar’s Italian Discovery tour was a comprehensive tour of Italy. Wonderful for first-timer: Venice, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Milan, Verona, Assisi, Ferrara, Bologna, Stresa and stops along the way!…Trafalgar exceeded our expectations in every way!”
- “Tour director was wonderful and went above and beyond the call of duty, especially when my husband’s luggage didn’t catch up with us…she made the calls and arrangements and made sure it was delivered to the hotel in Milan.”
- “Sightseeing was optimal and optional side trips were excellent and good value and encompassed things we may never have done on our own. Our bus driver was skilled, polite and on the ball. Food was generally excellent, the wine flowed and rest stops were frequent.”
- “I was shocked to read the negative reviews here…it seems as though some reviewers had no idea of what to expect on a tour and were not familiar with European hotels…rooms are smaller in general than US. All our hotels were lovely with clean, commodious bathrooms. Great Trafalgar Tours Reviews!”